A blood pressure that’s persistently above normal is called HPERTENSION.
Hypertension is the n is defined as an abnormally high blood pressure (BP) and is one of the most important risk factors for cardiovascular disease and death.
CAUSES OF HYPERTENSION
The exact causes of high blood pressure are not known, but several things may play a role, including:
• Obesity or Being overweight
• Lack of physical activity.
• Too much salt in the diet.
• Too much alcohol consumption (more than 1 to 2 drinks per day)
• Older age.
How can of hypertension be reduced?
Reducing hypertension prevents heart attack, stroke, and kidney damage, as well as other health problems.
Prevention of hypertension
• Reducing salt intake (to less than 5g daily)
• Eating more fruit and vegetables
• Being physically active on a regular basis
• Avoiding use of tobacco
• Reducing alcohol consumption
• Limiting the intake of foods high in saturated fats
• Eliminating/reducing trans fats in diet
• Reducing and managing mental stress
• Regularly checking blood pressure
• Treating high blood pressure
• Managing other medical conditions.